Innovation, Science, and Technology Building, 4700 Research Way, Room 2084A, Lakeland, FL 33805
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2018
M.S. in Applied Computing, University of Central Arkansas, 2015
B.S. in Computer Science, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2013
Dr. Doga Demirel is an assistant professor of Computer Science at Florida Polytechnic University. Before joining Florida Poly, he was a teaching and research assistant at University of Central Arkansas (2013-2015) and University of Arkansas at Little Rock (2015-2018).
- Virtual Surgical Design and Development
- Virtual Reality
- Haptic Applications and Technology
- Medical Simulations
- Demirel, D., Butler, K. L., Halic, T., Sankaranarayanan, G., Spindler, D., Cao, C., … De, S. (2016). A hierarchical task analysis of cricothyroidotomy procedure for a virtual airway skills trainer simulator. The American Journal of Surgery, 212(3), 475–484.
- Demirel, D., Cetinsaya, B., Halic, T., Kockara, S., & Ahmadi, S. (2019). Partition-based optimization model for generative anatomy modeling language (POM-GAML). BMC Bioinformatics, 20(2), 105.
- Demirel, D., Yu, A., Baer-Cooper, S., Halic, T., & Bayrak, C. (2017). Generative Anatomy Modeling Language (GAML). The International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, 13(4).
- Demirel, D., Yu, A., Cooper-Baer, S., Halic, T., Kockara, S., & Ahmadi, S. (2017). Difficulty Scenario Modeling for Virtual Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery with GAML. 5th International Conference on Computational and Mathmematical Biomedical Engineering.
- Demirel, D., Yu, A., Halic, T., Sankaranarayanan, G., Ryason, A., Spindler, D., … Jones, D. (2016). Virtual Airway Skills Trainer (VAST) Simulator. Medicine Meets Virtual Reality 22: NextMed/MMVR22, 220, 91.
- Demirel, D., Yu, A., Halic, T., & Kockara, S. (2014). Web based camera navigation for virtual pancreatic cancer surgery: Whipple surgery simulator (vpanss). 2014 IEEE Innovations in Technology Conference, 1–8. IEEE.
- Halic, T., Kockara, S., Demirel, D., Willey, M., & Eichelberger, K. (2014). MoMiReS: Mobile mixed reality system for physical & occupational therapies for hand and wrist ailments. 2014 IEEE Innovations in Technology Conference, 1–6. IEEE.
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University