The Office of the CFO administers several insurance programs for the University and is responsible for coordinating the risk management claims of the University. In the event of an insurance-related incident, contact Julie Ann Hudson by email or call 863-874-8418.
How to file insurance-related risk management claims:
- If law enforcement is required, immediately contact the appropriate law enforcement to file a report:
- Main campus-Florida Polytechnic University Police Department 863-874-8472
- Florida Poly South campus–Polk State College Security 863-297-1059
- FIPR–Bartow Police Department 863-534-5034
- Contact Julie Ann Hudson by email or call 863-874-8418 for next steps
- Next steps vary based on the incident activity
- Do not authorize repairs unless for critical for restoring immediate operation.
- Do not communicate the cost of repairs, including estimates, to the involved parties until formal communication has been released by the Office of the CFO.
- Be prepared to provide the required documentation to support the loss:
- Incident reports
- Police report
- Purchase invoices
- Repair estimates
- The Office of the CFO will notify the State or insurer and coordinate the claim.
- The Office of the CFO will notify involved parties of next steps (repair costs, claim status, etc.)
The Office of the CFO is responsible for the coordination and administration of the following risk management insurance policies:
- Active Shooter/Workplace Violence
- Automobile Liability
- Boiler & Machinery
- Casualty Insurance
- Crime Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- Federal Civil Rights Liability & Employment Discrimination
- General Liability
- Law Enforcement Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Miscellaneous Property
- Off Duty Law Enforcement Officers (Vehicle Property Damage)
- Property (Fixed & Contents)
- Storage Tank Liability
Additional insurance programs are coordinated by other departments as follows:
- Employee Insurance Benefits (coordinated by Human Resources)
- Vendor/Contractor Minimum Requirements (coordinated by Procurement)
- Worker’s Compensation (coordinated by Human Resources)
If you have any questions or require further clarification contact Julie Ann Hudson by email or call 863-874-4818.