The IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu chapter at Florida Poly invites those who received their diploma between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 to apply for the Alton B. Zerby and Carl T. Koerner Outstanding Student Award! Since 1965, this IEEE-HKN award has recognized outstanding scholastic excellence and high moral character, coupled with demonstrated exemplary service to classmates, university, community, and country.
Among the objectives that IEEE-HKN hopes to achieve through this award program are:
- Annually honor the most outstanding students in the IEEE-HKN designated fields of interest by publicizing and bringing attention to the excellence and achievements of these balanced people about to enter their profession
- Instill a sense of pride in IEEE-HKN members
- Publicize the students’ school
- Encourage students to earn membership in IEEE-HKN
- Recognize the nominating chapter
How to Apply and Prizes
Please send your updated resume to [email protected] by Wednesday, June 16 for consideration for the $1,000 cash prize and plaque. If chosen to represent Florida Poly and the Mu Omega chapter, the board will be in contact with you to help with the next steps.
In addition to a winner, one or more honorable mentions may be selected with no relative rank indicated. Those not selected by the committee as the winner or an honorable mention will be declared finalists. The winner, honorable mentions, and finalists will be named during the Awards Program. Please, follow this link for more information regarding an awards program.
We look forward to working with a well-deserving student so they can fully embrace this great opportunity to earn such recognition at the start of their academic and professional career!
For more information, contact HKN Mu Omega.
IEEE-HKN Mu Omega