Join your friends and colleagues as we celebrate Patriotic Day on THURSDAY, July 1. Don’t stop at wearing your red, white, and blue – decorate your door or office entryway, too. Take pictures for our Summer Days 2021 Album and enter a photo for the door/entry contest. Enjoy and have fun!
Here’s a little bit of Fourth of July trivia. Can you answer the following without looking for the answers on your electronic devises?
- What is the name of the national anthem?
- Why did the United States declare independence?
- Who wrote the national anthem?
- Who made the first American flag?
- How tall is the Statue of Liberty?
- What country gifted the Statue of Liberty?
- How much does America spend on fireworks for July Fourth yearly?
- How many hot dogs do Americans consume on July Fourth yearly?
- How many people have July Fourth cookouts?
- What was the original shape of the stars on the flag?
- Where was the first celebration of Independence Day held?
- Every Independence Day, how many times does the Liberty Bell ring?
- What was the name of the newspaper that published the Declaration of Independence?
- The Fourth of July commemorates which document?
- What was the Statue of Liberty’s official name?
- During World War II, where did the Declaration of Independence get stored?
Answers will be in next week’s Weekly Phoenix.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sherri Pavlik.