The 2022 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is Saturday, May 28 through Friday, June 10. This 14-day sales tax holiday provides the opportunity to buy qualifying disaster preparedness supplies tax-free.
Each year, the Florida Division of Emergency Management encourages residents to take advantage of this tax holiday to prepare for hurricane season, which starts June 1.
Some eligible items include:
- Pet leashes, collars, and muzzles costing $20 or less
- Flashlights, lanterns, and pet beds costing $40 or less
- Batteries and weather radios costing $50 or less
- Coolers costing $60 or less
- Tarps costing $100 or less
- Generators costing $1,000 or less.
For a full list of tax-free items, visit FloridaRevenue.com/DisasterPrep.