In celebration of the 4th of July, wear red, white and blue on Patriotic Day, Thursday, July 1. Have fun, take a photo, and upload it to the Summer Days Album!
Now, how patriotic are you? Find out by answering the following questions (without looking them up).
- What is the name of the national anthem?
- Why did the United States declare independence?
- Who wrote the National Anthem?
- Who made the first American flag?
- How tall is the Statue of Liberty?
- What country gifted the Statue of Liberty?
- How much does America spend on fireworks for July 4th yearly?
- How many hot dogs do Americans consume on July 4th yearly?
- How many people have July 4th cookouts?
- What was the original shape of the stars on the flag?
- Where was the first celebration of Independence Day held?
- On every Independence Day, how many times does the Liberty Bell ring?
- What was the name of the newspaper that published the Declaration of Independence?
- The Fourth of July commemorates which document?
- What was The Statue of Liberty’s official name?
- During World War II, where did the Declaration of Independence get stored?
Answers will be in next week’s Weekly Phoenix.
For more information, contact Sherri Pavlik.